We Are Warriors
In keeping with the purpose of our mission statement, we are committed to integrating Christian beliefs, values, and morals into all subjects and school activities. We believe that the area of athletics must reflect our efforts to serve Christ. The testing of abilities and talents, the strengthening of body and character, and the building of Christian life and conduct are goals that athletic participation can help to achieve.
The athletic program of Western Michigan Christian exists as a vehicle for practicing the values of self-discipline, hard work, goal setting, character strength, honesty, teamwork, and respect. We strive for Athletic Excellence while working to honor God in all that we do.
The now Class C school presently offers a wide variety of sports to participate in. In recent years, WMC has fielded nearly 30 teams representing 17 sports. WMC is a member of the Lakes 8 Conference with Muskegon Catholic Central, Muskegon Heights, Muskegon Orchard View, Ludington, and Manistee.
Please CLICK HERE to access the sports-related forms including MHSAA Physical form, WMC Sports Ready/Info Form, Transportation Release forms.
CLICK HERE to access the Parent Athlete Code of Conduct, Student Athlete Contract and the current MHSAA Sports Calendar.
FinalForms Athletic Registration
All Warrior student-athletes (Middle and High School) are required to be registered in our online athletic registration program.
We are very excited to announce that the Western Michigan Christian High School & Middle School Athletic Department has partnered with FinalForms, an online forms and data management service. FinalForms allows you to complete and sign athletic participation forms for your students online. The most exciting news is that FinalForms saves data from season-to-season and year-to-year, meaning that you will never need to enter the same information twice! You will review your information once per school year to verify information is current and sign the forms.
To register your student-athlete, please go to: https://wmchristian-mi.finalforms.com/
A couple of hints:
- Bookmark this site or save it to your desktop on your mobile device or computer (do not Google search for it in the future as you will not go directly to the WMC site).
- Have required information available, such as medical history/health information, insurance company policy numbers, doctor, dentist and hospital information. This will make the registration time more efficient to complete.
- Parents will need to fill in your student’s email address. FinalForms requires that the student’s @wmchs.net email address be used. Obtain this from your son/daughter — it is their email@example.com. Your student will then need to check their email for information on how to complete their portion of the registration.
- Attached is the ParentPlaybook WMC to help you with the online registration process. Please note once you register, you will receive an email to confirm your account, create a password, and then complete the required forms.
Thank you for your assistance and support in streamlining our paperwork processes for WMC Athletics. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us in the athletic department:
- Athletic Director – Kurt Gruppen: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Athletics Admin-Assistant – Abbie Kooima: email@example.com
MIDDLE SCHOOL TEAMS
(click sport for schedule)
- 7th Grade Girls Volleyball
- 8th Grade Girls Volleyball
- Boys Soccer combined 7th and 8th
- Boys and Girls Cross Country
- Boys Football (Co-op)
- Girls Swimming (Co-op)
- Girls Soccer combined 7th and 8th
- Boys Baseball combined 7th and 8th
- Boys/Girls Track and Field 7th and 8th
- LaCrosse (Co-op)
HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS
(click sport for schedule)
FALL WINTER SPRING
- Boys Soccer
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Soccer
- Girls Golf
- Girls Basketball
- Girls Tennis
- Boys Tennis
- Competitive Cheer
- Girls Softball(Co-op)
- Girls Volleyball
- Boys Bowling
- Boys Golf
- Cross Country Girls
- Football (Co-op)
- Boys Swimming (Co-op)
- Boys LaCrosse (Co-op)
- Girls Swimming (Co-op)
- Track & Field
SUMMER CAMPS AND CLINICS
WMC offers K-12 camps and clinics during the summer and winter.
For information and registration for WMC’s sports camps CLICK HERE.
(if not at the E. Ellis campus)
- SOCCER – Warrior Field is located at 1246 Madison in Muskegon (on the Muskegon Christian School campus). CLICK HERE to go to the map.
- BASEBALL/SOFTBALL – WMC’s fields are located at 475 E. Sternberg Road in Norton Shores. CLICK HERE to go to the map.
- TENNIS – Ross Park Tennis Courts is located on the corner of Randall and Martin in Norton Shores. CLICK HERE to go to the map.
- GOLF– Chase Hammond Golf Course is located at 2454 Putnam Rd in Muskegon. CLICK HERE to go to the map.
Please register on WMC Warriors.com and sign up for updates and alerts so the WMC Athletic department can keep you informed about schedule changes/updates with either SMS texts or emails.
WMC SPORTS SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
“WMC SPORTS UPDATE” E-NEWSLETTER:
Our Athletic Department publishes an e-newsletter with in-depth coverage on all WMC Varsity sports. To receive the daily WMC Sports Update via email CLICK HERE.
WMC: A RICH ATHLETIC HISTORY OF CHAMPIONSHIP ATHLETICS
Not many schools in the state can surpass WMC when it comes to state championships and state finalists titles. Several schools in the Muskegon area are looking for their first state title in any sport.